Home‎ > ‎

St Germans

St Germans (Cornish: Lannales) is a village and civil parish in east Cornwall, England. It stands on the St Germans River or Lynher River, part of the Tamar Estuary. It takes its name from the St. German's Priory Church of St Germanus. This magnificent and ancient Norman church is adjacent to the Port Eliot estate of the present Earl of St Germans. The other villages in the historic parish were Tideford, Hessenford, Minard Cross, Polbathick, and Bethany but new ecclesiastical parishes were established in 1834 (Hessenford) and 1852 (Tideford). In 1997 part of the St Germans parish was made into Deviock parish. The area of the civil parish is 10,151 acres (4,108 ha), and it has a population of 1,427.(source:wikipedia)
 
St Germans has a lively Community Shop which celebrated its first birthday on 28th May 2011 http://www.shopstgermans.org.uk/